During our extensive work in performance technologies and workforce performance management we searched for a toolset to help with the foundation of all workforce performance tasks – competency development and task analysis. We found that toolset in the PCPACK Knowledge Workbench and have used it successfully in several task analysis and competency development engagements.
PCPACK enables development of a full performance and competency model. It reduces the time and resources required for development and management while providing an easily accessible and effective format for review, validation, analysis, and reporting. It supports the retention, sharing, management and re-use of tasks and competencies across an organization. In addition, PCPACK saves developers time and resources since it eliminates the need for individual programs like spreadsheets, databases, text editors, and diagramming tools. PCPACK includes all functions in one, integrated toolset.
used for training design and development or integrated in a talent management
program, the tools support a number of key activities:
- Analyzing competency elements from text documents
- Structuring competencies for job descriptions and training design
- Eliciting and validating tasks, skills, and knowledge from experts
- Publishing and implementing competencies in training development
- Converting competencies into learning and performance assets
- Comparing competencies and job tasks across roles and jobs